Recently, our Vision Task Group was asked to listen and name afresh God’s mission for Shady Grove. They were asked to learn our 168-year history, to notice how Shady Grove has grown with the Short Pump community, and to listen to our church community through your survey responses, your sharing with the Strategy Team at our Groovin’ at the Grove event, and through focus groups at United Methodist Men, Youth, and our fellowship, learning, and mission groups.
The team wants to say, "THANK YOU! Thank you for letting us listen to the dreams God planted in you" What an amazing mission God has given us! Our Church Council received the team’s report and said, “Amen!” The team heard you, our church community saying,
“God’s mission for Shady Grove United Methodist Church is: Discovering and living the love of God through sharing, serving, and connecting with all peoples.”
The church office is located in the white, two-story house located at the end of the main parking lot. Office hours are 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Phone 804-360-2600.
Shady Grove United Methodist Church’s Child Protection Policy
- Shady Grove UMC desires to provide a caring and secure environment for children and youth in all phases of church life and to protect the employees and volunteers of SGUMC from false allegations of misconduct.
- To that end, SGUMC has adopted a Child Protection Policy (CPP).
- The CPP applies to all people associated with SGUMC, including staff, volunteers and non-SGUMC users of the property.
- The CPP includes provisions regarding the use of screening forms, background checks, training, open classrooms, appropriate classroom management and supervision and other procedures designed to protect our children, youth, volunteers and staff.
- The SGUMC Trustees oversee the CPP and regularly review the CPP and confirm compliance with the CPP.
- If you have any questions regarding the SGUMC CPP, please contact the church office.