Wednesday Nights at Shady Grove
Wednesday night dinners and programming resume September 19, 2018.
Adult Classes and Groups
- The Wesley Challenge by Chris Folmsbee will start on Wednesday, September 19, from 6:15-7:15 pm in the church office with an Introductory and Information Session. The Study will continue on September 26, and October 3 and 10. This will be the first in a series of “Second Chance Sunday School” opportunities. Learn more and sign up in Realm Events.
- Short-Term Study of Defying Gravity by Tom Berlin will start on Wednesday, September 19, from 6:15-7:15 pm with an Introductory and Information Session with the class leader Glenn Cooper in room 201 of the education building. The study will continue on September 26, and October 3 and 10. In Defying Gravity, Tom Berlin illustrates how possessions can create an unbearable weight on our lives and affects our ability to serve and thrive. Learn more and sign up in Realm Events.
- Fall Study of Christian Caregiving—a Way of Life by Kenneth C. Haugk. This Stephen Ministries resource will help participants reach out to others with the compassion of Christ and show care in well-defined Christian ways. Course participants learn how to: listen carefully to another person; speak words of comfort, encouragement, forgiveness, and hope; pray with another person; share from the Bible naturally and comfortably during a caring conversation. This class will meet for several weeks from 6:15-7:15 pm in the library in the education building beginning September 19. Learn more and sign up in Realm Events.
- Wednesday Connections Group will resume meeting in room 206 of the education building for fellowship and study, prayer and support from 6:15-7:15 pm. All are welcome at the table as they complete small group discussion of the previous Sunday’s sermon with the occasional short-term book study. Learn more and sign up in Realm Groups.
- Join The Rowdy Moms as they continue to laugh, learn, and love as Moms on a Mission. The group is exploring meeting as a large group of moms of all ages once a month and two small groups of moms (with young kids and with teens) the remaining weeks of the month. This group will meet from 6:15-7:15 pm in room 207 of the education building. Learn more and sign up in Realm Groups.
- Disciple Fast Track 1: Becoming Disciples Through Bible Study , 6:15-7:30 pm in room 202. Learn more and sign up in Realm Events for Disciple 1.
- Disciple Fast Track 2: Into the Word, Into the World , 6:15-7:30 pm in room 203 of the education building Both of these studies are adaptations of the original, best-selling Disciple Bible Study series, providing an option for in depth study of the entire biblical text for busy people with busy schedules. Fast Track groups meet for a total of 24 weeks; 12 weeks in the Old Testament and 12 weeks in the New Testament. Participants manage their Bible readings in the way that suits their schedule best in preparation for the weekly meetings. Disciple 1 (original or Fast Track) is a prerequisite for completing Disciple 2. All former Disciples welcome!! Learn more and sign up in Realm Events for Disciple 2.
- Into the Fold - HANGing in Mission - A NEW Service and Devotions Group! Join Sara Fender (Founder and Executive Director of the Caring Clothes Closet) to HANG out, SORT it all out, and be welcomed into the FOLD with others while learning about the work of the Caring Clothes Closet and who they serve. Sara will lead you on a weekly devotional, Serving Those in Crisis. Explore what the Bible has to say about helping people in crisis while serving with others in a small setting. Come to the Clothes Closet on Wednesdays from 6:15-7:15 pm during Bistro season or Sundays, 6:00-7:00 pm while middle school kids are in youth group. If you are a high schooler, come get in some community service hours prior to High School Large Group! Learn more and sign up in Realm Events.
Check out other classes for adults at www.shadygroveumc.net/adultdiscipleship.
Shady Grove Bistro
The Bistro will reopen on September 19, 2018. Visit the Bistro page.
Children's programming is scheduled from 6:15-7:15 pm on Wednesdays.
- Faith Care (infants to age 2) (EB 111)
- SonShine Singers/Sprouts (3 year olds through Kindergarten) (EB 106) SonShine Singers from 6:15-6:45 p.m. and Sprouts from 6:45-7:15 p.m.
- Bible Zone (1st – 5th Grade) (EB 209)
Click here to register your children for 2018-1019 year.
Small groups for middle school and high school meet from 6:15-7:15 pm in the D.O.G. House.
Click here to register your youth for 2018-2019 year.
Music and Arts Opportunities
6:15-6:45 pm SonShine Singers for children age 3 through kindergarten in EB 106
7:15-8:45 pm TestifyRVA contemporary praise band rehearsal in fellowship hall
7:15-8:15 pm Christmas Cantata Choir rehearsal in sanctuary
8:15-9:00 pm Sanctuary Choir rehearsal in sanctuary