Operation Christmas Child
This fall, the Missions Committee will enable YOU to reach out to others around the world, sharing God’s love and making disciples without leaving Short Pump. Through a simple shoebox gift with Operation Christmas Child, you can help change the world, one life at time. Shoeboxes are filled with school supplies, toys, hygiene items and a note of encouragement for a child overseas suffering due to disaster, disease, war, terrorism, famine or poverty. More information about Operation Christmas Child is at samaritanspurse.org.
- Please SIGN UP for supplies for the packing party (new toys, school supplies, non-liquid hygiene items, new clothing, accessories).
- Please leave out the following: used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as mirrors, snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
- See http://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child/pack-a-shoe-box/ for more details.
How can You Help?
- Attend the Packing Party on Sunday, November 6, 5:00 - 6:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall.
We’ll need lots of hands to help fill shoeboxes. This
festive event is perfect for all ages and stages.
- Sign up to send in supplies for the packing party. See SIGN UP GENIUS. We need these items by Thursday, November 3 for the Packing Party. Collection boxes at will be located around church October 23 - November 3.
- Pack a shoebox. Pack one of your own or pick-up an empty shoebox at SGUMC (October 23 - November 6). Fill’er up and bring ‘er back by November 13.
- Make a monetary donation. Write a check to SGUMC (with Operation Christmas Child in the memo). Funds will be used to purchase items to fill shoeboxes.
- Pray. Most importantly, pray for all involved, including the children overseas who will receive your shoebox gifts. The packed boxes will be dedicated in worship on Sunday, November 13.
Questions? Contact Dottie Chilton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-364-3563.
Check out these videos to help you get started: