Operation Christmas Child
This fall, the Missions Committee will enable YOU to reach out to others around the world, sharing God’s love and making disciples without leaving Short Pump. Through a simple shoebox gift with Operation Christmas Child, you can help change the world, one life at time. Shoeboxes are filled with school supplies, toys, hygiene items and a note of encouragement for a child overseas suffering due to disaster, disease, war, terrorism, famine or poverty. More information about Operation Christmas Child is at samaritanspurse.org. Click here to see the 2018 OCC Special Report.
- See http://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child/pack-a-shoe-box/ for more details.
- Please leave out the following: candy, toothpaste; used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; seeds; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as mirrors, snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
How can You Help?
- Attend the Packing Party on Sunday, November 17, 2019, 5:00 - 6:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall.
We’ll need lots of hands to help fill shoeboxes. This
festive event is perfect for all ages and stages.
- Sign up to send in supplies for the packing party. There will likely be a Sign Up Genius link available in October or November. We need these items by Sunday morning, November 17 for the Packing Party. Collection boxes at will be located around church.
- Pack a shoebox. Pack one of your own or pick-up an empty shoebox at SGUMC on October 27. Fill’er up and bring ‘er back by November 24.
- Make a monetary donation. Write a check to SGUMC (with Operation Christmas Child in the memo). Funds will be used to purchase items to fill shoeboxes.
- Pray. Most importantly, pray for all involved, including the children overseas who will receive your shoebox gifts. The packed boxes will be dedicated in worship on Sunday, November 24.
Questions? Contact Dottie Chilton at email@example.com or 804-364-3563.