Information for Volunteers for Drive-in Worship
• Fill out the “Health Questionnaire” (which screens for symptoms and exposure to Covid-19 and asks for you to let the pastor know if you develop 2 or more symptoms of Covid-19 after attending In-Person worship regardless of the source of your symptoms) each week. This can be done online via evc.vaumc.org preferably by Wednesday. Once you fill it out it should prompt you to fill it out each week. Contact our Church Administrator with any problems or questions.
• On the day of worship, take your temperature. If you have a fever above 100.4 degrees, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, sore throat, headache, muscle pain, GI issues, chills, or new loss of taste or smell, let someone else serve this week as you take good care of yourself at home. Please contact the pastor if you would like to have a prayer time together.
• Bring own mask and sanitizer. Wear a volunteer badge (so we know who may be out of cars).
• Do not touch face. Maintain 6 foot distance from anyone outside one’s household.
• Help attendees park every other space and remain in their cars. Four volunteers are needed. One verifies registrations and records unregistered attendees.
• Help attendees know the radio signal (which may vary).
• Roles: Road greeters, parking help, offering attendant, hand out Communion, worship leaders
• SGUMC is loving those with pre-existing conditions by covering these roles with those who do not have pre-existing conditions. If you have a pre-existing condition and are not sure how to serve during this time, our staff is happy to help you find the right way to serve.
• We will make every effort to enable all participants to be successful in compliance; however, in the event of non-compliance, be prepared with your team to end worship.