“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.”- Seneca
With summer winding down and fall gearing up, I am excited to share with you the current lineup for Faith and Fellowship Groups, Adult Bible Studies, and Short-Term Studies available to adults at SGUMC this fall. I can’t help but think back upon the amazing opportunities for study, fellowship and service I’ve had at Shady Grove over the years. New opportunities mean an end to the known with shifting schedules, relationships and responsibilities. However, I am always energized by the possibilities of what is on the horizon. My prayer is you see something new to energize you as well.
Director of Adult Discipleship email@example.com
The classes and groups in this brochure are listed on Realm, our new church connectional software. Ready to get started with Realm? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invitation to get connected!LEARN MORE ABOUT REALM
Join us after 8:15 am or before 11:00 am worship services!
- The Seekers will continue to meet in C-3 in the chapel building from 9:30-10:30 am. All are welcome. Learn more and sign up in Realm Events.
- Sunday Evening Women’s Study meets from 5:00-6:00 pm in chapel building C-3 during G-3, but is open to any and all women from our congregation and from the community! Learn more and sign up in Realm Events.
Come for Bistro dinner starting at 5:15 pm and stay for a group!
Wednesday Connections Group will resume meeting in room 206 of the education building for fellowship and study, prayer and support from 6:15-7:15 pm. All are welcome at the table as they complete small group discussion of the previous Sunday’s sermon with the occasional short-term book study. Learn more and sign up in Realm Groups.
- Join The Rowdy Moms as they continue to laugh, learn, and love as Moms on a Mission. The group is exploring meeting as a large group of moms of all ages once a month and two small groups of moms (with young kids and with teens) the remaining weeks of the month. This group will meet from 6:15-7:15 pm in rooms 207 and 202 of the education building. Learn more and sign up in Realm Groups.
- Disciple Fast Track 2: Into the Word, Into the World , 6:15-7:30 pm in room 203 of the education building Both of these studies are adaptations of the original, best-selling Disciple Bible Study series, providing an option for in depth study of the entire biblical text for busy people with busy schedules. Fast Track groups meet for a total of 24 weeks; 12 weeks in the Old Testament and 12 weeks in the New Testament. Participants manage their Bible readings in the way that suits their schedule best in preparation for the weekly meetings. Disciple 1 (original or Fast Track) is a prerequisite for completing Disciple 2. All former Disciples welcome!! Learn more and sign up in Realm Events for Disciple 2.
Men’s Bible Study
- The United Methodist Men Thursday morning devotions group meets from 6:45-7:30 am in the DOG House. Learn more and sign up with Realm Groups.
Women’s Bible Study
- Join Pastor Beanie Kelly and the gang as they fellowship together, show love and support or one another, and study God’s Word from 9:45-11:00 am in C-2 in the Chapel Building. Learn more and sign up with Realm Events.
Monthly meetings you don’t want to miss!
United Methodist Men Monthly Dinner and Meeting First Thursday of the month at 6:30 pm in the fellowship hall. LEARN MORE
Betty Fairbanks Circle – Second Monday of the month at 1:00 pm in the education building. LEARN MORE
JOY@SGUMC - Just Older Youth at Shady Grove United Methodist Church - Third Wednesday of the month at 11:00 am in the fellowship hall. LEARN MORE
SGUMC’s Book Club - Third Thursdays of October and November 2018 and January and February of 2019 at 6:00 pm in the church library. LEARN MORE
Knitting and Crochet Ministry – Last Thursday of the month from 7:00-9:00 pm (meeting held offsite). LEARN MORE
Questions? Call the church office at 360-2600 or email Lauren Adkins at email@example.com.