“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.”- Seneca
With summer winding down and fall gearing up, I am excited to share with you the current lineup for Faith and Fellowship Groups, Adult Bible Studies, and Short-Term Studies available to adults at SGUMC this fall. I can’t help but think back upon the amazing opportunities for study, fellowship and service I’ve had at Shady Grove over the years. New opportunities mean an end to the known with shifting schedules, relationships and responsibilities. However, I am always energized by the possibilities of what is on the horizon. My prayer is you see something new to energize you as well.
Director of Adult Discipleship firstname.lastname@example.org
The classes and groups in this brochure are listed on Realm, our new church connectional software. Ready to get started with Realm? Send an email to email@example.com to request an invitation to get connected!LEARN MORE ABOUT REALM
Join us after 8:15 am or before 11:00 am worship services!
- Sunday School Study How God Takes Our Little and Makes it Much begins April 28 In this six session, video-based study, Dr. Moore uses key scriptures that distinctly shape the beliefs of United Methodists. Two sessions focus on the Old Testament, four sessions focus on the New Testament. Join the group starting on April 28 from 9:30-10:30 am in the chapel building, room C-3. Contact Jeff Samford for more information. EMAIL JEFF
- Sunday Evening Women’s Study Let It Go: How to Stop Running the Show and Start Walking in Faith begins April 28 and is open to any and all women from our congregation and from the community! Women are wired to control life's details. This book brings women practical, biblically based steps for letting go of the need to control, dictate, and even manipulate the people and situations around them, and instead, trust that God has their best interests in mind. Join the group starting on April 28 from 4:45-6:15 pm in the chapel building, room C-3. Contact Adrienne Knox for more information. EMAIL ADRIENNE
- NEW Sermon Based Small Group: Belong, Behave, Believe starting on Wednesday, April 24! As Christians we experience multiple entry points to faithful living with God. For the season of Easter, come explore scriptural examples of Jesus' call to belonging on your path to belief. Join Lauren Adkins for discussion of the week's sermon from 6:15-7:15 pm in room 201 of the education building for six Wednesdays: April 24, May 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29. Contact Lauren Adkins. EMAIL LAUREN
- Wednesday Connections Group meets in room 206 of the education building for fellowship and study, prayer and support from 6:15-7:15 pm. All are welcome at the table as they complete small group discussion of the previous Sunday’s sermon with the occasional short-term book study. Learn more and sign up in Realm Groups.
- Join The Rowdy Moms as they continue to laugh, learn, and love as Moms on a Mission. The group is exploring meeting as a large group of moms of all ages once a month and two small groups of moms (with young kids and with teens) the remaining weeks of the month. This group will meet from 6:15-7:15 pm in rooms 207 and 202 of the education building. Learn more and sign up in Realm Groups.
- Disciple Fast Track 2: Into the Word, Into the World , 6:15-7:30 pm in room 203 of the education building Both of these studies are adaptations of the original, best-selling Disciple Bible Study series, providing an option for in depth study of the entire biblical text for busy people with busy schedules. Fast Track groups meet for a total of 24 weeks; 12 weeks in the Old Testament and 12 weeks in the New Testament. Participants manage their Bible readings in the way that suits their schedule best in preparation for the weekly meetings. Disciple 1 (original or Fast Track) is a prerequisite for completing Disciple 2. All former Disciples welcome!! Learn more and sign up in Realm Events for Disciple 2.
Men’s Bible Study
- The United Methodist Men Thursday morning devotions group meets from 6:45-7:30 am in the DOG House. Learn more and sign up with Realm Groups.
Women’s Bible Study
- You are invited to examine the cross, contemplate its purpose, and celebrate its significance in He Chose the Nails: What God Did to Win Your Heart by Max Lucado. Join Pastor Beanie in lingering on the hill of Calvary, seeing just how much God did to win your heart. This five-week study starts on April 26 from 9:45-11:00 am in chapel building, room C-2. Learn more and sign up with Realm Events or contact Debbie Hockemeyer for more information. EMAIL DEBBIE
Monthly meetings you don’t want to miss!
United Methodist Men Monthly Dinner and Meeting First Thursday of the month at 6:30 pm in the fellowship hall. LEARN MORE
Betty Fairbanks Circle – Second Monday of the month at 1:00 pm in the education building. LEARN MORE
JOY@SGUMC - Just Older Youth at Shady Grove United Methodist Church - Third Wednesday of the month at 11:00 am in the fellowship hall. LEARN MORE
SGUMC’s Book Club - Third Thursdays of October and November 2018 and January and February of 2019 at 6:00 pm in the church library. LEARN MORE
Knitting and Crochet Ministry – Last Thursday of the month from 7:00-9:00 pm (meeting held offsite). LEARN MORE
Questions? Call the church office at 360-2600 or email Lauren Adkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.