We are a church family reaching out to encourage all people on their faith journey. With an attitude of worship and a spirit of grace, we serve others in the name of Christ.
Our StaffShady Grove UMC's staff is lead by Pastor Chris McLain. Visit our Staff page for more information.
Shady Grove United Methodist Church was founded in 1852. Visit our History page to learn about more about our rich history in Short Pump.
Virginia United Methodist Conference
Shady Grove UMC is a member of the Richmond District of the Virginia United Methodist Conference. Rev. Peter Moon is the Richmond district superintendent and Bishop Sharma Lewis is the head of the Virginia Conference.
Shady Grove United Methodist Church’s Child Protection Policy
- Shady Grove UMC desires to provide a caring and secure environment for children and youth in all phases of church life and to protect the employees and volunteers of SGUMC from false allegations of misconduct.
- To that end, SGUMC has adopted a Child Protection Policy (CPP).
- The CPP applies to all people associated with SGUMC, including staff, volunteers and non-SGUMC users of the property.
- The CPP includes provisions regarding the use of screening forms, background checks, training, open classrooms, appropriate classroom management and supervision and other procedures designed to protect our children, youth, volunteers and staff.
- The SGUMC Trustees oversee the CPP and regularly review the CPP and confirm compliance with the CPP.
- If you have any questions regarding the SGUMC CPP, please contact the church office.